From Toddlers to Class KG
careful planning ensures that students become lifelong learners when learning is fun and relevant. Boys & Girls are admitted at age 1.6 in the Toddlers. No formal instruction is given in the first year.
However, we have a carefully planned multi-sensory approach that combines games, stories, music, phonetics etc. to enable – Physical, Motor and Cognitive development, Language, Emotional, Creativity, Aesthetic & Music appreciation.
At age 3.6 the child is introduced to the English Language through the Phonetic System, and simple Number Work, mostly through the Play Way Method and activities.
- The Kindergarten Activity Room is spacious and lively with a variety of age appropriate resources that keep the little minds engaged and develop in them a love for learning.
- A year round calendar is planned for various activities and weekly assembly, outdoor play, singing, dance , art and craft, circle time (story telling) and indoor games.
- Educational excursions and field trips are organized for the students.
- There are no formal examinations however assessments are ongoing.
- The children are looked after by an experienced and committed faculty.
Special care is taken to inculcate discipline and good study habits. Through the recognition of multiple intelligence and using a layered curriculum, the teachers provide the opportunity for students to direct their own learning within a framework crafted to help them succeed.
From Class I to Class IX
Students are imparted a formal syllabus. Classroom teaching is complemented and supplemented with experiments, creativity, handwork, models and audio visual presentations, excursions group activity, library and Internet researches and projects.
The students are taught the intellectual tools to facilitate their thinking and to develop resources to go beyond the text – book teaching.
- THOTS(The Higher Order Thinking Skills) for classes I to IV is a unique and innovative programme to develop and nurture, ‘Thinking Skills’, ‘Thinking Processes’ and ‘Life Skills’ in students.
- Olympiads are held annually.
- National Days and various festivals are celebrated.
- The academic session is divided into two terms- April to September and October to March. During the session there are four Formative Assessments for Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) and two Summative Assessments.
- Field trips and excursions are organized for the students..
Alliance is in the process of shaping up the future leaders. To this end, the students are given ample opportunities in the administration and management of the school. Every student at Alliance belongs to a House and it is central to his/her life at school.
We believe that every individual should have the opportunity to flourish in a safe, secure and happy environment, so that, whilst making the transition to adulthood, boys and girls can take advantage of the wealth of opportunities on offer here at Alliance. The students, boarders as well day scholars, are divided into four houses. Students of senior classes are given school appointments i.e. Head boy, Head girl, Captain Co- Curricular and Captain Sports.
The house master also appoints house captain and house prefects. This nominated body of students represents the interest of all pupils to the principal and act as a channel of communication. Senior students are also given the responsibility of acting as referees and umpires in various interhouse matches.
There are many other opportunities for the students that will help to learn skills of leadership and administration and to develop some awareness about the great issues of corporate and personal responsibility.
Extra Curricular Activities
- Natures Club
- House Teams
- Sports Events
- Martial Arts
- Self Defense
- Life Skills
- Skits & Plays
- Painting Club
- Hobby Club